May 15, 2021
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic we will be holding a virtual Hands Across the Sand.
Organizing Your Event
Here are some helpful tips to ensure your event is a success:
On event day – May 16th, 2020:
- Have people go to your event location by 11:00 am so that you can give them instructions on joining hands, form a long line, and join hands at NOON in your time zone, and keep formation for 15 min.
- Take pictures of your event and send them to your elected officials and post them on Flickr and Facebook. Be sure to link to our #JoinHANDS page. You can also submit your photos and video through our Gallery Submission Page.
Preparing for your event:
- Pick a location that is easy for people to get to
- Post your event on the Hands website with location and contact information
- Create an event on your own Facebook page and invite all your friends
- Encourage your friends to invite their friends
- Tweet the event – be sure to use hashtag #JoinHANDS
- Post event details on your website or blog
- Ask friends to post your event on their website or blog
- Write an Editorial to your local paper or send in the Press Release provided in the Resource section
- Connect with your local Surfrider, Sierra Club, Audubon, etc. chapter and ask them for marketing assistance to their membership
Want to do more?
- Speak to your City or County Commission about commencing their involvement
- Ask your local environmental group for literature to hand out
- And last, but certainly not least, write your Senator, Legislature, and President about your stance on No Drilling and Clean Energy Now!
- Invite an electric vehicle owner or the local electric vehicle club to display a car. Electric vehicles don’t need any gas or oil, helping to keep our beaches free from offshore drilling.
Download and print the below documents to help you prepare for your event.