May 21, 2022
Join hands to stand up against off shore drilling to save our oceans, beaches and lands.
Organizing Your Event
Here are some helpful tips to ensure your event is a success:
On event day – May 21st, 2022:
- Have people go to your event location by 11:00 am so that you can give them instructions on joining hands, form a long line, and join hands at NOON in your time zone, and keep formation for 15 min.
- Take pictures of your event and send them to your elected officials and post them on Flickr and Facebook. Be sure to link to our #JoinHANDS page. You can also submit your photos and video through our Gallery Submission Page.
Preparing for your event:
- Pick a location that is easy for people to get to
- Post your event on the Hands website with location and contact information
- Create an event on your own Facebook page and invite all your friends
- Encourage your friends to invite their friends
- Tweet the event – be sure to use hashtag #JoinHANDS
- Post event details on your website or blog
- Ask friends to post your event on their website or blog
- Write an Editorial to your local paper or send in the Press Release provided in the Resource section
- Connect with your local Surfrider, Sierra Club, Audubon, etc. chapter and ask them for marketing assistance to their membership
Want to do more?
- Speak to your City or County Commission about commencing their involvement
- Ask your local environmental group for literature to hand out
- And last, but certainly not least, write your Senator, Legislature, and President about your stance on No Drilling and Clean Energy Now!
- Invite an electric vehicle owner or the local electric vehicle club to display a car. Electric vehicles don’t need any gas or oil, helping to keep our beaches free from offshore drilling.
Download and print the below documents to help you prepare for your event.