Dear M4O Organizers
We are at an existential crisis right now – Environmentally and Politically. Forget reports saying plastic in the ocean will triple in fifty years. Plastic is killing wildlife and poisoning people today. Offshore drilling is also a product liability issue – this product, even used as directed, overheats our planet, acidifies the ocean and adds to the plastic pandemic. Half the world’s corals bleached in the last four (hottest in recorded history) years. Hurricanes like Harvey, Irma and Maria are being supercharged by a warming ocean.
Now we have an administration that’s treating our public seas not as a life-support system but like a gas station and a garbage dump, wanting to open up 90 percent of U.S. waters to drilling and spilling while eliminating keystone pollution laws and rules.
March for the Ocean http://www.marchfortheocean.
M4Os three key issues will be Ending Plastic Pollution of our seas, transitioning from Offshore Drilling to Clean Energy and Protecting our Coasts at risk. Check out the broad array of ocean interests supporting the march on the M40 website. Then help us grow this wave of citizen action together by doing the following:
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE TODAY:
1. Become a March partner, follow https://twitter.com/
2. Follow https://www.instagram.com/
3. Go to the https://www.facebook.com/
4. Go to the https://www.facebook.com/
5. Share https://www.facebook.com/
6. Our “Ice Bucket Challenge” Make an M4O Selfie: Make and post your own selfie video. Do this by being at the beach, sailing, swimming, being at or near the water, doing something you love and/or wearing something blue. 15-30 seconds. You can say “This is Why I am marching for the Ocean June 9” or “I’m wearing blue for the Ocean.” Challenge 5 friends to do the same. Post on FB, Twitter and Instagram pages and tag March for the Ocean. Here’s an example of a simple selfie-like video of Olivia and Carter Reis of ‘One Less Straw’ with some M4O branding https://youtu.be/ePxAE0Sfy6w
7. Subscribe to our https://www.youtube.com/
8. And don’t forget to ‘Wear Blue for the Ocean’ at the March (Blue M4O T-shirts available) – https://www.bonfire.com/
e you at March for the Ocean in DC June 9
Hands Across the Sand Executive Director